Thursday, June 23, 2005

Men with PMS

UPDATE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PPS!!!


GUYS, do you feel moody at certain time of the month? Just read about this article from Ananova, which probably explains it. Here is the complete article:


Boy 'starts having periods'

Doctors in India are baffled by a teenage boy who appears to have started having periods.

Tarak, from Kalna in West Bengal's Burdwan district, has reportedly been experiencing menstrual symptoms for a year.

The 15-year-old bleeds from his penis in the second week of every month, reports the Hindustan Times.

The youngster is also said to suffer from nausea, stomach ache and mood swings.

Sudip Mondol, a local physician, said: "The boy has male organs but he has feminine attributes. If tests of his blood samples prove the presence of ovum, this would be a rare medical case."

Pradip Mitra, of the West Bengal Gynaecological Society, said: "The presence of female functional endometrial in a male prostate gland can cause this type of abnormality."


As a guy, I may never fully understand how PMS feels like but I've had my terrible encounters with PMS. With my ex, I had to be careful when it's that time of the month. Heck, I can't even joked about it or she'd explode right in front of me, saying that I was being insensitive! Thank God my current gf doesn't behave in that manner- she is cheerful even when she's menstruating. There are times when she's having those awful cramps but she is still nice and sweet to me... I'm lovin' it! However, that doesn't mean that I can say whatever pops up in my head. Maybe it's because of the previous experience, I still tread carefully when she's having it.

My blog idol Kenny Sia wrote about PMS and I think it's a good read- wrote the things most men want to say to women but do not have the testicular fortitude to say them.

Still, come to think of it, it is amazing for anything to bleed for 7 days and doesn't die.... just kidding!

No comments: