Thursday, June 09, 2005

Road Kill...

Just read about this on the newspaper:



An eight-year old girl was killed after being dragged 400m in a hit-and-run accident.

A van had rammed into the motorcycle that she was riding pillion on.

Berita Harian reported that Ratna Prawit died on the spot in the 3.15pm incident, which occurred near Terbak, Tumpat.

She was on her way to her tuition class and on the bike ridden by her grandfather Eh Chum Eh Deng, 50. Both were thrown off the machine after the collision.

Despite sustaining injuries, Eh Chum chased after the speeding van, along with other villagers who had witnessed the accident.

The paper said the driver finally stopped the van in an alley and fled.

The villagers helped Eh Chum pull Ratna, a pupil at SRK (C) Yok Sze, from under the van.

A witness, Veena Benedict Merimdo, 45, said she thought a stray dog had been hit when she heard a loud thud.

“But I was shocked to see Eh Chum shouting his granddaughter's name numerous times and screaming that she was stuck to the bottom of the van,'' she said.


Due to financial reasons(plus the small fact that I'm sick of the car), I have sold my Ploton to get a smaller car. For the time being, I am using my old EL250 Kawasaki to move about.

not the real deal
not the actual one...


The unfortunate thing is, this old piece of metal is in need of a good servicing. The mechanic was kind enough to lend me a bike....

scrapped metal!
Suddenly I don't feel so safe anymore...

Riding my biggie around Klang Valley seems safer to me. Now that I have to move around with this tiny Suzuki, I keep wondering if I'd appear on the newspaper for the wrong reason.

What's worse than having to ride on a small bike? The cost of the repair. Apparently the repair's gonna make me poorer by RM800...*sigh*

On to something more cheerful! I should be getting my new car pretty soon and it's definitely not a Proton. For a company that has been around for 20 years, I would say to them: SHAME ON YOU!!! They are still struggling with producing quality cars for us fellow Malaysians, in spite of having the resources to purchase Lotus and venturing into English Football. They still can't make sure that the power windows on the Waja don't spoil within 1 year. The glove box of the Wira/Satria still can't close properly- always a gap on the right side. I have heard of the alarm system of Gen2 going crazy. Iswara suspensions still make some noise when you're driving on an even road. After driving 3 Protons, I think it's about time I switch alliance.

So what's my next car?

my precious...

Unfortunately, it will take be another life time(not that I believe it reincarnation- just a figure of speech) before I can ever have one. The funny thing is-I've told my girlfriend before- that EVEN if I could afford a Jaguar, I'd probably not buy one. I think it's a waste of money to get a car like that; after all, a car's main function is to take you around... Thinking along that line, here's my new car:



I should get it by early August. In the meantime, I'll just have to brave the KL traffic... remember me in your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been driven in a Jag before. Looks good on the outside, not really THAT special in the inside considering the amount of money you paid for it. One thing that I liked in it tho... it has heated seats so my bum was kept REALLY WARM throughout the ride! No use for Malaysian weather tho hehe ;-p