Monday, August 08, 2005

No blogging on Friday: The reason...

Okay, before I go any further, meet one particular gullible blogger - ME. To be honest, I don't even know where to begin.

Last Thursday afternoon, I got a call from my mom's mobile phone. I answered it and to my surprise, it was a policeman on the line. The office gave me the name of this sergeant in Ipoh, Sarjan Jamel, and his mobile number. The first thing that came to my mind was it had to do with my Waja I sold in May, because the car dealer who bought my car told me the car was sold to someone in Ipoh.

So I called the sergeant up, and was informed that the Waja, together with 2 other Pg-registered cars, had been involved in a scam. I was required to go up to Ipoh to record my statement about it. Still confused over this, I called up my eldest brother in Penang who agreed to meet me in Ipoh on Friday.

I reached Ipoh at about 10am and met Eric at Kinta City for breakfast before heading to the Ipoh Police HQ. Sjn Jamel was a friendly officer and the recording of the statement was done in a rather cordial manner. After making my statement, we asked him exactly what had happened.

THE SCAM

The so-called car dealer had taken 3 cars with fake bank documents showing the outstanding loan amount of the vehibles, and sold them to a foreman in Ipoh. For my Waja, the bank letter stated that the outstanding loan amount was RM11,ooo, while in actual fact it was more than triple the amount. The poor unsuspecting foreman paid the car dealer RM29,ooo CASH for the Waja. He even spent RM830 to fix the power windows. Now that the foreman had made a police report on this, the police had taken all 3 vehicles into custody. The sergeant had also asked the other 2 car owners to come to Ipoh to record their statements.

To make the story short and simple, the Waja will be handed back to me, the legal owner, within this week. He would let me know when I can collect it. As far as the police is concerned, I'm clean. The only thing I got out of this is some inconveniene plus the car with the power window fixed. The problem now is actually what to do with the Myvi that's coming soon.... *sigh*

I'm a real example that bloggers are morons.