Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Stripping between Sunway Pyramid and Summit USJ

Yesterday evening I was almost late for my 6.30pm Body Pump class at Menara Summit USJ. I'd left my office near Sec 14 PJ at 5.30pm and normally I would reach Summit by 6.10pm. However at the Federal Highway/Jalan 222 junction, I discovered that I had left my MP3 player in the office. I could've just do my classes with the CDs which were in my bag but I wanted to mix the releases. So, I turned back to get my player.

By 6pm I was still somewhere along Federal Highway. Earlier I had called the Group X coordinator to inform him that I might be late, but I didn't like the idea of being late. Around 6.05 I was already past Sunway Pyramid and on the final stretch of the road to Summit. Unfortunately, for those of you who are familiar with the traffic there, it's jammed with lots of vehicles and we had the police managing the traffic at the junction 1KM away. I was sitting in the blood sucking Civic sweating and getting really kan cheong. So I was thinking of ways to save time... and the idea came: Why not change into my workout clothes in the car since the traffic wasn't moving?

To cut the story short, I was on the extreme left of the road. On my right was a huge lorry. I looked around and noticed that all the motorcycles were going towards the other side of the road because the gap between the Civic and the lorry was very small. I looked behind one more time to make sure nobody' looking and I started removing my clothes, starting with the shoes and then my pants.

As I was putting my workout shorts, I saw a bike coming from behind and I thought the motorcyclist was going to go pass the left side of the car... "*X^+$%&!!!he/she might see my undies!" I quickly pulled up my shorts as hard as I could(it was a pair of padded cycling shorts which was rather tight) but still I was not able to pull all the way up. Just when I thought my dignity would be compromised, the motorcylist turned to the right and went on the other lane. *Phew*.......

Eventually I managed to pull my shorts up and also changed from my shirt to my sports tee before the traffic got moving. At the end, I actually reached the gym 10 minutes before my class started. Should've just changed at the gym!!

I've learnt my lesson: in future, should I forget my MP3 player again, JUST STICK TO THE CDs!!! No more taking such a risk again for me...

Anyhow, there won't be any problem for me today. I've got 2 classes again, but it's at Menara Axis... 15 min's jog away from my office:P