Monday, October 10, 2005

My pants are hot!

"Shades wore his unique pant(sic) lar. Quite special though...."

"Shades' pant(sic) ah, er, right black and left white lar, from far look like skirt, aiya, I don't know how to describe ler...."

"Heard that he was wearing a long black martial art pant(sic), written some chinese words on it, like 'half skirt half pant', right?! That's cool:) Did he looks(sic) smart?"

"On Thursday, at Consplant 2, shades also wore his famous "half skirt half pant", but this time it was right red (with Chinese word "zen"), left white. He also wore Muay Thai arm tie on his left hand. It was kind of interest, but also strange... "

So why the buzz at the forum?


This is the pants in question
(thanks to an unnamed FF Cheras Leisure Mall member for holding it)

Definitely odd-looking pants eh? The right side is bigger then the left, but that's what makes the pants beautiful when worn. Just fold the extra and tie it up, and you'll get this:


Almost like a half-hakama

The moment I saw it in Bangkok, I knew I just had to get it for BodyCombat! So I got 2 pairs- another one is red/black.


I know, it's a lousy pose

Besides that, I also bought 2 of these:


What do you call it?

Normally Muay Thai boxers wear one on each arm but I bought 2 of different colours(the other is red and black, just to match my other "half skirt half pants")



If only I had gone to Bangkok earlier before the launch, the pants would have been perfect for the warrior-themed BodyCombat 25 launch... but then, I would probably have to import more than 10 pairs for the other instructors.

Anyone going to Bangkok and you like what you see, you can get it at at Mah Boon Krong Centre for 199 baht. Otherwise, you can try bargaining at Suan Lum Night Bazaar and see if you can get it cheaper.