Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Shades interviews Les Mills Master Trainer(1)

*After yesterday's BODYATTACK® in Fitness First Cheras Leisure Mall, I am ready for tonight. By the way, this Monday we'll have Tim Field, the National Group-X of Fitness First Thailand conducting a BODYATTACK® Masterclass in FF Menara Axis at 7.25pm!!!

He's strong, he's tough and he's one mean riding machine. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...... Les Mills BODYPUMP® & RPM® Trainer MR. WES CARTER.



S:
Let’s get this important thing over with... Are you gay?
WC:
A straight and true path I walk.

S:
Where are you originally from? Most people would think that you are from Australia.
WC: Most people think that I am from the land down under due to 6 mth sin sunny brizzy(in English:6 months in the sunshine capital of Oz, Brisbane), but actually from a market town in the centre of England, a place called Market Harborough.


How to get there

S:
How did you get involved in the fitness industry?
WC: All started with work experience as a 16 yr old, haven’t looked back since. Covered most jobs on the gym side of a Club, and now more so in terms of GX.

S:
Which do you like more: BODYPUMP or RPM?
WC: That’s a tough one, a hard one to choose. At the moment I am really missing pump, but also really enjoying RPM… Too hard, it’s a dead heat.


Wes once got lost in the museum when he was small...

S:
How long have you been in Malaysia?
WC: Just over 4 years.

S:I remember feeling a bit out of place when I went to Uni in Australia. So how was it for you when you first came over to Malaysia?
WC:
Took a while to get used to the Malaysian way of doing things, but after that not really. Had spent 4 ½ yrs growing in Singapore as a teenager so not so weird..

S:
What is the most challenging thing for you to work in a foreign country?
WC: Culture differences, work ethics. Was from a very full on working environment took me a while to get used to Malaysian time keeping and Malaysia Boleh…

S:
Have you had any bad experiences in M’sia?
WC: Can honestly say have been relatively lucky, only had one filing a police report for a car prang… 4 hours on a Sunday afternoon.. Wouldn’t say bad but definitely an experience.



S:
Do you feel people tend to look up to you because you’re a foreign talent?
WC: That’s the first time somebody’s called me a talent!.. I don’t know about look up to, but may be benched marked, not something I fink about really. Just do what I like to do to the best of my ability.

S:
Being a causasian, and a fitness conscious one at that, please give us a sample of your daily cuisine.
WC: Day normally starts of with either a bowl of Cereal (muesli or Weetabix)or 3 or 4 slices of Toast with Peanut butter or Jam and a glass of Cordeal. Lunch is normally a Sandwich( Chicken or tuna w Salad). I’ll have a mid afternoon/ pre class snack which can range from Chocolate to fruit or a muffin. Then for dinner Pasta or rice, something easy to throw together..depends on who gets home 1st.

S:
Which character trait are you? sanguine, phlegmatic, choleric or melancholic?
WC: I can change trait with the wind, depends on the situation.. I’m not the sort of person who can sit back and be trod on, then again I’m not always the 1st person to put their hand up… Quiet and reserved perhaps…

S:
Do you think people find it hard to understand you because of your accent?
WC: Do have a few problems on occasion, have too remind myself to slow down and annunciate properly.

S:
Do people get most of your jokes?
WC: A big definite…… No, some do some don’t. I think those that have been abroad for a time generally get my sense of humor, then again not many people do.

S:
What do you do in your leisure? In other words, is there life apart from gym?
WC: Like to read, catch movies and spend time with my significant other.

S:
What’s the last book you read? Any good?
WC:
last book i read was a Clive Cussler, it was so good can't remember it's name, was good tho..


Clive Cussler

S:
Don't you just hate the way they censor the movies here! What movie
you're looking forward to this year?
WC:
MI-3, Some times the censorship does spoil a movie, a little too over the top.




S:
What do you think of shades? You think he's "yummy"?
WC:
Consider I said i followed the straight and true path i am not going to answer the yummy part of that q. Otherwise my dear shades I find you grounded, a cool sense of humor, caring, dashing what more can i say!!!!

That's all for now. My thanks to Wes for making himself available to answer some intriguing questions. Stay tuned for more...