Wednesday, February 08, 2006

CNY review: The journey home

....................................................................................................................
This morning I did a replacement BODYCOMBAT® class at FF Damansara Uptown and as such, I"ll be leaving the office late today. To my DU RPM® regulars, I won't be teaching RPM® today- my apologies.

The CNY review starts today. Since there are loads to blog, I'll probably blog twice a day but remember, most likely everything will be in random order.
....................................................................................................................


Yes, I went back by bus on Saturday morning 28 Jan. Initially I was planning to drive back on Fri night but I found out in the first week of 2006 that OCD was driving home either on 26 or 27 Jan(I had expected him to follow me). So I decided to take public transport instead(safer so the ad says) and managed to buy a sat ticket as all Fri tickets were sold out.

So, there I was by myself at the Duta station after gf dropped me. As expected, the station was full of people.


It's kinda nice to see some locals heading home to Penang with me.


The bus was scheduled to depart at 9.15am but it only came at about 9.20am. Considering that it was CNY eve, I wasn't complaining. So quickly we all put our luggage in the compartment and hopped onto the bus. Eventually the bus left the Duta station around 9.35am.


The journey to the toll was quite smooth, but once we're on the PLUS North-South Highway, it was a different story altogether.


As you may have read about it, that was a massive jam from Damansara toll all the way to the Rawang exit. I couldn't care less coz I had expected it. So I took the opportunity to have nap. By the time I woke up around 11.40am, we were back travelling at a normal pace again. We stopped at the Ipoh exit for a pee break and continued our journey.

The next stop was at the Bukit Gantang pertrol station and the bus driver confirmed my suspicion: no lunch break as we were very late. I only managed to get some fruit juice and snacks from the station(even the buns and bread were sold out). By the time we reached the Penang Sg Nibong station, it was already 4.30pm. KL to Penang in 7 hours- not bad for a CNY journey.

Understandably, I was very hungry. OCD came to fetch me in mom's Sportage. After putting my bags in my room, I took the Sportage out for a CNY wash.


Since there were many vehicles there, I left the 4WD with them and I walked across the road to have my Mee Goreng. This uncle is selling next to the Ayer Itam Maybank. Even though the kopitiam is closed, he's still working hard and business was good that day.


The wonderful thing about staying in Ayer Itam is there are lots of cheap value-for-money hawker food to savour. Within 500 metre from this uncle, there are 2 more Mee Goreng available and I can honestly tell you, all 3 are pretty good. Darn, I'm hungry thinking about it!! I would've gone back more often if it wasn't of my gym commitment....


Ate the food. 4WD was vacuumed and it was back to house(actually a 5-min-walk from car wash). On the way, got the opportunity to see something not common in the Klang Valley.


It was already 6 plus by then. Off we went to eldest bro's place for our steamboat reunion.


I actually forgot to take pic of the dinner! Sheesh....