Monday, January 22, 2007

Year end in Penang

OK, this is basi stuff but still have to blog....

Gf & I balik kampung for Christmas so here are a couple of pictures taken while we were there...

The famous Air Itam laksa

Seriously, I think this stall is over rated. Granted, they do sell good laksa but I think there are plenty of good laksa stalls to be found in Penang. The one at Lorong Selamat(situated opposite the infamous most expensive char koay teow) is quite good as well.

Bak Kua stall

I sort of grew up with roti bak kua in Penang. They used to be found right outside the cinemas and I loved them! But with modernization, the cinamas are now replaced with cineplexes and I was quite thrilled to find this stall in Goh Teow Lor.

How can one go to Penang without going for Cendol? I think I had 4-5 times of cendol during my 10-day stay there....


This is also good laksa at Penang Road...


Guest appearance

BarneyBernard & Shanti decided to drop by Penang also - must be her birthday present.. Took them around for food....

The hightlight of the holidays was the BBQ at Danny's place. Willie was also back for the holidays.






As you can probably tell, most of my time in Penang was spent on eating. Really need to eat to put back the weight I've lost over the past 8-9 months since I came onboard as GXC. Also met up with old budies like Mike, Lesley, Xe Hui, Jenc, etc.

Instead of 15-16 classes a week, I only did 3 classes in Penang.... So you can imagine how my fitness dropped when I return to work on 2 jan. Anyhow, the good thing about teaching in Fitness First Island Plaza is I realise I'm quite famous- After my BODYATTACK class, 2 members came up to me and told me that they read my blog... And they say a prophet gets no honour in his home country, some thing like dat...