Tuesday, July 03, 2007

2 Weeks ago: Penang Les Mills Launch

1 week after Miracle 2007 at Cineleisure, 5 of us(Leonara, Lyn, Jeremy, Riyo, moi) went up to Penang for the launch on 23 June Saturday.


Kim with member


First programme of the day was BODYCOMBAT®, followed by RPM 10 mins later. As all the instructors are busy that day, it was left to yours truly to do a solo launch.

Your BODYCOMBAT® launch instructor in his combat skirt pants


side kick leg conditioning


Meanwhile. Alan and Lynn joined up to launch RPM 35.

Alan & Lynn riding up a storm


After BODYCOMBAT®, it was followed by BODYSTEP®. It was then that my camera went out of battery.

Riyo, Kim & Jeremy launched BODYSTEP® with the Penang Team


In between the launches, Kim was auctioning some of the Penang instructors to raise money for the K9 Support Group & Heart Foundation. Somehow, Penang members really like to see their male instructors take off their tops...

Since I had only one launch, I just spent some time on the gym floor doing weights as I've already retired from BODYPUMP®. Later in the evening, I didn't have transport to go home(I stayed at home while the others stay in an apartment near the gym) so I decided to take the bus to my home church in Penang, Penang Christian Centre.

Was there quite early, so just sat there and watch the music practice.

Shammah Hall


Kinda miss my time here. It's hard to believe I've left the church for 1.5 years already. Some were surprised to see me back, some even thought I was back for good. Actually, given the chance, it's would be nice to be back in Penang. The problem I may face if I ever get posted back to Penang is boredom. Been used to teaching in so many gyms in the Klang Valley, it will be very hard to just teach in 1 gym again.

Back in Penang, I have my bunch of male friends I can hang out with. Now in KL, my circle of friends are quite small and limited. I don't get to watch Football or go for a action movie with the lads. Not very nice for my social emotional development... this may sound odd, but I really need some men in my life.

Danny playing with the PA system


The service


The senior pastor, Rev. Isaac Chan, and Pastor Lydia are somewhere in (I think)Eastern Europe- He's been on sabbatical leave for about year to do some studies. So the church sometimes get his preaching via the video.

Rev Isaac Chan once wanted to call himself Charlie Chan, but sanity prevailed and he chose Isaac instead


After service, managed to get Gabe to send me back, but not before having supper with the youths.

Supper


I miss being home....

No comments: