Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Certified Group Fitness Instructor
Advanced group training builds on the Foundations of Group Fitness Training, and gives previously licensed group training instructors the possibility to further develop their subject, as well as specialising in other subjects they find of interest.
Teaching will be in the form of lectures, group work, demonstration, work in the gymnasium, observation with complementary, private studies assignments and task coaching.
The module consists of both theory and practical work. Theoretical knowledge is bound throughout to the practical instruction exercises. It is expected that participants acquire certain areas of knowledge under their own initiative.
The course prepares participants for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Group Fitness Instructor certification exam.
The 45-hour Group Fitness Instructor course is made up of five modules as follows:
· Professional Conduct covers the scope of practice, the role and responsibilities of the Group Fitness Instructor, ethical behaviour for instructors, critical issues of professional practice and business and regal considerations for the instructors.
· Applied Exercise Science includes fundamental knowledge of human movement, including anatomy, biochemical, kinesiology and nutrition.
· Participant Consultation explores the instructor role in encouraging participant to start and stick exercise programmes through health screening, fitness appraisal and goal setting.
· Principles and Methods of Training provides guidelines for exercise program design, teaching a group exercise class, adherence and motivation, disabilities and health limitations for each area and physical adaptations to training. Proper form, instruction and spotting techniques are also covered.
· Programme Design and Implementation reviews exercise principles and methods for designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating safe and effective exercise programmes for pregnancy as well as exercise safety, injury prevention and emergency procedures.
GX instructors who are interested to develop and go further in the industry should really give this a try. Even members who feel like learning more can go as well. The good news is there is a sneak preview this Saturday 20 Dec 2008(sorry, can't remember the time).
Click on the picture below for a bigger map.
For more info, please call 03-77260030 and speak to the staff there.
Monday, December 15, 2008
It's about how hard for some people to say sorry even after knowing they've done something wrong. The bigger the EGO, the harder it seems for the mouth to utter those so-called "humialiating" 3 words.
I too have that problem sometimes, but I'm making effort on that.
If we really think about it, saying sorry is never about losing face. It actually takes a real man(or woman) to take responsibility for the mistake/error made. If anyone sincerely realises his/her wrong and apologize to me, I would not think less of him/her as a person. Instead, the person will probably earn a new level of respect from me.
Unfortunately, some people may never understand this.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Friday, December 05, 2008
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
已经差不多三个星期没有写了。那这几个星期里发生什麽呢？简单来说， 应付一个很无聊的人。其实，原本是一个小事情。但是，有些自大的人就是要无事生有，把事情越搞越大，弄到大家都不高兴。到最后，吃亏的又不是我... 所以我说那个人很无聊， 而且令我觉得那个人很幼稚。
OK, enough of mandarin for the day...
FF IOI Mall saw quite a lot of activities over the last few week in conjunction with the club's relaunch. One of the things we had was our Nov special Belly Dancing classes. Overall response for the class was good... now the headache is how to slot Belly Dancing into the regular schedule:)
We also had the special Freestyle Step with ABBA's music on Thurs 13 Nov, taught by Jeremy and Steven.
Then the last week of November was quite an eventful week, with 3 events happening. First, we had a special GX INVASION NIGHT on 25 November with a couple of GX managers guest teaching the classes in the club. The response was fantastic with BODYBALANCE, BODYSTEP, BODYPUMP, BODYCOMBAT classes getting very good numbers.
2 days later, it was Retro Extravaganze BODYJAM with Ayzei and Juwita.
Finally, we ended November with a special 90-min BODYCOMBAT Muay Thay Challenge with Janis, Cheng and me teaching on Sunday 30 Nov at 1.40pm. No pics for this one was response also was good with 35 people attending the class. Was it tough? I think it could've been harder... but Janis did complain of sore legs on Monday night.
So what's coming in December?
Les Mills Q4 Launch coming to Fitness First 23 - 28 December 2008. Coming celebrate the last few days of 2008 with a BANG!!!